Past | Present | Future
Where we come from
learn about where we come from.
Federal Government College Kwali, Abuja is one of the co-educational Unity College in the country. It was established on the 6th of January, 1984 with intake into Js one only. The College located at Kwali town in Kwali Area Council of the Federal Capital Territory 13 Kilometers out of Gwagwalada, along Kaduna – Lokoja Road, Kwali 68 Kilometers south – west of Abuja Capital City and 48 Kilometers south of Suleja.
The school took off at its permanent site. It is temporarily occupying the North – Western tip of its land. The total land area of the College is about 336,756 hectares. However, only about 84 hectares of the land has been fenced.
THE AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
The aims and objectives of the College are in line with those set out in the National Policy on Education which includes among others.
i. Respect for the worth and dignity of the individuals.
ii. Moral and spiritual values in inter – personal and human relations.
iii. Shared responsibility for the common good of society.
iv. Promotion of the emotional, physical and psychological health of all children.
Under the broad aims listed above, the specific objectives of the Federal Government College, Kwali – Abuja, maybe stated as follows:
i. To provide academically suitable primary school leavers of varied backgrounds, with opportunity to receive higher education of an excellent quality.
ii. To prepare students for tertiary education in various fields of knowledge.
iii. To prepare the students to live effectively in our modern age of science and technology.
iv. To inculcate in students the value of self reliance, ingenuity, honesty, discipline and patriotism among others.
v. To foster national unity by developing in the students, respect for one another as members of one society, through a deliberate college policy of de – emphasizing ethnic, cultural and religious differences.
vi. Raise a generation of people of people who can think for themselves, respect the views and feelings of others, respect the dignity of labour and live as Good citizens.
THE PRINCIPALS OF THE COLLEGE FROM ITS INCEPTION ARE AS FOLLOWS:
1. Rev. J.N. Thomas -Ag. Principal (6 Jan – Aug. 1984)
2. Sir C.T. Dureke -Ag. Principal (Aug. 1984 – 22 Mar 1985)
3. Alh. Umaru N. Agale (23 Mar, 1985 – 18 May, 1989)
4. Alh. A.B. Yawa (19 May, 1989 – 18 Feb. 2001)
5. Alh. M.K. Tsadu, (19 Feb. 2001 – 6 Jul. 2003)
6. Alh. A.W. Liman (7 Jul. 2003 – 15 Jan. 2006)
7. Mr. A.P.I. Akingbade (16 Jan. 2006 – Mar 2008)
8. Mr. Familokun -Ag. Principal (Mar – Sept 2008)
9. Mrs C.A. Imoukhuede (Sept 2008 – Mar 2013)
10. Mrs R.O. Etoamaihe (Mar. 2013 – Jul. 2014)
11. Dr. O. Ufoegbune (July 2014 – Mar 2018)
12. Haj. Binta T. Abdulkadir (Mar 2018 – Nov. 2020)
13. Shehu Dahiru (Nov. 2020 – Oct. 2021)
14. Assani, D.A. (Mrs) (Oct. 2021 – Till date)